Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

Buskers

From Gillian MH

Saturday, 27 May 2023

I guess it's that time of year when we howl into the wind about the issue of amplified busking. Having held the square to ransom for many years, the problem has now drifted down Bridgegate, spreading as far as Pol car park. Perhaps one of our newly elected councillors will help find a solution, but I won't hold my breath.

From George Murphy

Saturday, 10 June 2023

Keep plugging away, Gillian. The Square belongs to us all. It's not just here, lots of towns and cities have whole squares and meeting places where egotistical performers turn up recorded music and blast their voices over everyone else. The quality varies, I enjoy some duos and unplugged musicians but I would like to be able to tune into what my mates are saying or read in peace. Turn down the din!

From Sarah Connor

Monday, 26 June 2023

Another day of working in HB on a hot day with all the windows shut to reduce the horrendous noise. 

Who wants this in the square?

How do the cafes and residents feel? 

I have a blinding headache and am heading home for the day. I feel very sorry for those who live in the square and are trapped with this. 

From Sarah Connor

Friday, 7 July 2023

Is this amplified busker wailing Robbie Williams "Angels" the worse and most talentless yet? 

Previously

Buskers - July 2022

Busker in the Square - April 2018

HebWeb Forum Busking in the Square (May 2017)

HebWeb Forum Amplified busking (May-Nov 2016)

HebWeb Forum: Amplified busking menace (October 2015)

HebWeb Forum: Busking and amplification (April-July 2012)

HebWeb Forum: Busking in Hebden (August-Oct 2010)